Today was the 6 hour marathon testing at TCH. Parker was a champ, endured all the test with his charm and didn't fuss much even when they needed to do a second blood draw. For some reason we never seem to get the orders right for Parker and blood draws..last time we had to go back a week later since they didn't draw enough blood. Parker had lots of fun pulling the EKG stickies off, that boy is in to everything! After being there all day, the nurse said there was a chance we'd be rescheduled, WHAT?! They have several sick babies that the perfusionists are tending too, so if they don't get well, no surgery for us. The Dr's office did call a little while ago to say we were "a go, barring any unforseen issues.." so please pray these babies get better and we go forward. Pray for the surgical team, Dr. Fraser, Dr. Mossad and anyone else that will be handling our precious boy tomorrow. Pray that there are no complications, that it is an uncomplicated repair, and that Mike and I get a few hours sleep tonight. The boys are in Huffman playing their last game for Sectionals. The weather is "iffy," so add a prayer that the rain holds out just a few hours more! We report to the hospital at 6am tomorrow, surgery starts at 7am. Not sure when I will get a chance to update here, but check our caringbridgepage for updates. www.caringbridge.org/visit/parkerfont
Blessings!!! Looking forward to a healed heart!!!