Tuesday, August 31, 2010

6 weeks ago









6 weeks ago today..I had a lot of fears...surprisingly (or not) I have even more today...I worry about the future for Parker, I worry about him walking or reaching other milestones, I worry about the therapies, I worry that I am not educated enough about the things to do or not do for a child with Down syndrome. I worry that the heart surgery was the "easy" part. I worry about his education, don't even get me started on his "adult" life..you guessed it I worry here too. BUT, we've had a mighty victory, Parker by God's grace, has a healed heart. I will not allow the enemy to steal that victory! I chose to celebrate God's mighty miracle!

Today we celebrate the victories, Parker is having some amazing growth and development the last few weeks...his latest..he can now climb three stairs unassisted (found that out the hard way..good thing I was close by). His new favorite trick is standing in his crib chewing the rail..nice to have that rite of passage! He is giving me his "who me?" look in this picture. Couldn't resist this picture with Mallory too, they melt my heart and he clearly adores her!


Jesus says the things that scare us the most are the things we should pray about. Pray mightily I am!

"Because Jesus "understands every weakness of ours" (Hebrews 4:15 CEV) the Bible says we can have "confidence, then, and approach God's throne, where there is grace. There we will receive mercy and find grace to help us just when we need it" (Hebrews 4:16 TEV).








2 comments:

  1. I know those fears too well, hugs to you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Parker is adorable! My little sister had OHS back in January when she was 3 months old. Our family, too, has these worries, but we leave them to God, and we know that He will take care of Laura....and He will take care of Parker too :)

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Our Family Memories

Our Newest Arrival!

First Smile

Found my hands!

New Big Sister

Photobucket


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Site Meter