Friday, August 21, 2009

The Down syndrome Creed


I found this today thru a fellow blogger and found it moving. Putting it here to remind myself and others of what is so true! Please be praying for us as we go to the Cardio Dr again on the 28th. Yesterday we weighed Parker, 11 lbs 15 ozs!! Amazing!!!

The Down syndrome Creed

My face may be different but my feelings the same.
I laugh and I cry and take pride in my gains.
I was sent here among you to teach and to love
as God in the heavens looks down from above.
To Him I'm no different, His love knows no bounds
It's those here among you in cities and towns
that judge me by standards that man has imparted,
But this family I've chosen will help me get started.
For I'm one of the children so special and few
that came here to learn the same lesson as you.
That love is acceptance, it must come from the heart;
we all have the same purpose, though not the same start.
The Lord gave me life to live and embrace,
and I'll do it as you do but at my own pace.

-- Unknown

1 comment:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Our Family Memories

Our Newest Arrival!

First Smile

Found my hands!

New Big Sister

Photobucket


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Site Meter