Thursday, September 23, 2010

16 months, 9weeks






















nothing like blog silence after a post like that last one...sorry, friends, I was a bit beat down last week...this week has been much better! I heard Stephen Curtis Chapman's wife talking about her tragic situation and she said something that resonated with me...she said," I kept crying out to God, asking God "why," but finally realized that the world is full of suffering and he replied back "why not?" She said it became apparent that she was to be a good steward of the suffering. While I cannot imagine being a good steward after losing a child, I can say that I can be a steward and an advocate for my precious son (and all of my kids) even to those that may be unaware of the things he can do and the support available to help children with DS achieve their full potential. Not saying I won't have bad days, but I am committed to being a better steward!



Today Parker is 16 months old. We have come so far and I am painfully aware that he is growing up. He has lost that "baby" feel, is stretching to that toddler stage. He wants his independence and is quick to find it. He is crawling, climbing, and cruising everywhere. Last night he pulled a bowl off of my end table and glass shattered everywhere. Gone are the days where I can "run to the laundry room to start the wash.." He needs a constant eye close by. His favorite new thing is to stand on the windowsill and look outside. He is so cute in the window looking out, "talking" to the things outside. It is a whole new world for him and watching the excitement in his eyes as he discovers these new things fills me with pride and excitement. He also loves to crawl and slide down his slide in his room. He scoots his bottom to the edge and wildly slides down even if there is no one there to catch him. Fortunately I have many willing "catchers" as he wants to slide over and over again! He has cut 3 teeth in the last month. Two front ones are in and another coming in up top near the front two. I even think he is growing more hair, a girl can hope,right? I keep reminding myself that Madeline didn't have hair until she was 4... The girls gave him a "mohawk" after his bath the other day, ah, the fun we have with our little brother! :)




His scar is healing nicely, here we are 9 weeks post surgery. The "bump" is still there, but I couldn't get a good angle for those of you still asking me. Next time! This boy is hard to catch these days!


XO












No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

Our Family Memories

Our Newest Arrival!

First Smile

Found my hands!

New Big Sister

Photobucket


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Site Meter